Sunday, April 17, 2016

Week 14: Google Gold

During this semester, it was a challenge to get my blog page to the top of the Google search. There was one point where I was at the top, however. I believe it was one of the first couple week’s posts shortly after we heard the tips in the lecture. The key works I tried to use were things like the name of the blog, my name, and even words that I think might be searched in Google. Social media did not affect my blog very much. It may be because I did not focus enough on it, or it just didn’t work out. I think that of my most viewed posts, it would have to be the video interviews that made it on YouTube.  Trying to make the blog the number one page in Google was a fun, and interesting challenge. It is definitely not easy when 500 plus other people are trying to do the same thing within our class.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Derek,
    I really liked your honesty in this blog post! Truthfully, I had no idea that were were supposed to pursue search engine optimization. I still don't know how key words worked, and I admit that social media might have helped. Here is the link to my attempt for the "Google Gold".
    http://jaryprinent.blogspot.com/2016/04/going-for-google-gold.html

    ReplyDelete