Sunday, January 17, 2016

Week 2: Reading Reflection


During my reading, what I found most interesting was the list of myths. Some of them made sense as to why they are myths, such as the one that states all an entrepreneur needs is money. Some of these were a little bit surprising though. I think that it is great to say that luck is a myth but the way the author stated it an entrepreneur uses their preparation to take advantage of the luck of a situation.

This chapter was more about the basics and understanding at an introductory level of what entrepreneurship is so I was not really confused at this point in the reading. But if I could ask the author a question, this is what I would ask. First off, I would think that we were in more of an entrepreneurial revolution about 10 years ago or more with the development of the new technologies and new things giving many gaps for people to fill so what makes you say now? Also, I would like to know about the Gazelle companies and their survival. It says in the book that no gazelles live and they all end up dying. Though that may be true because nothing lasts forever, how long of a surviving company would be called an unusually long life?

I thought that this chapter was very well written and I found no reason to disagree with things that he mentioned other than some clarifications as I said in my questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment