Sunday, February 14, 2016

Week 6: Reading Reflection

The following are the four questions I will be responding too through the reading of this weeks reflection.

1) The biggest surprise for me during the reading was when he said how sometimes the biggest competitive factor could be something that may not be obvious. I thought this was surprising since if it is such a large impact you would think that it would be a clear arrow pointing to what is causing the competition.  
2) During the reading I was not very confused in any part of it. But, I was very interested in all of his viewpoints in reading about the supplier and customer sides of the competitive advantage.
3) Two questions I had for the author were the following: If price war is so bad for companies to compete in that way, why do so many tend to do so? Is it because that is the easiest way to compete? Also, why is government not included in an advantage or disadvantage for companies since they tend to be a big part in how they can operate with laws and regulation?  
4) There was nothing really that came to mind that Mr. Porter said that I believed to be wrong or that I really disagreed with. It was a well written article and I enjoyed reading it.


No comments:

Post a Comment