Saturday, February 20, 2016

Week 7: Reading Reflection


1) I think that the most interesting thing from this reading is how much marketing has had to evolve with the way people approach purchasing, and with the technologies. Things are changing so fast now it is hard for marketers to keep up with what people want. Not only that, but the ability to stay ahead of what they want because things are “old” so quickly.



2) One part of the reading that was a little confusing to me was how the author feels that demographics is almost obsolete now. I feel like the characteristics, such as values, as he mentioned tie into a demographic location. Maybe that same area of people all hold similar value and preferences. This also goes along with the question about something I thought was “wrong”. I just cannot say that I completely agree with that because there are many factors going into where to target specific market segments.  



3)  only really have one question for this article, but I am curious as to why adding a model in the commercials is now so effective but it was not as common quite a few years back. People have not really changed their taste that much in the years, so I wonder why it wasn’t used then.

4) This question is answered as well in number 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment